Police: Woman's foot slips; drives into trainStaff Report | January 08,2013MIDDLESEX – Vermont State Police say a woman drove into a moving train after her foot accidentally slipped Tuesday morning from the brake to the accelerator.
Colleen R. Bloom, 59, of Middlesex, was driving on Cross Road in Middlesex when she attempted to stop for the Amtrak train going by and her foot slipped. There were 24 passengers on the train, but state police say no one, including Bloom, was hurt in the crash.
The train was traveling at 59 mph and knocked Bloom's Toyota Rav 4 to the side after impact. State police say the vehicle sustained substantial front end damage and the train was stopped for an hour because of the crash.MORE IN This Just InThink of Saturdayís event as a classier and much more fun version of Black Friday. Full StoryComments Of Senator Patrick Leahy (D-Vt. Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation