Sarah C. NorrisJanuary 08,2013Sarah C. Norris
MANCHESTER — Sarah “Cinders” Cheney Norris, died peacefully on January 2, 2013, in her home at Equinox Village in Manchester, Vermont.
Cinders was born in Cooperstown, New York, on December 13, 1925, the daughter of Henry R. Mallory and Margaret Ussher Mallory, also of Cooperstown, New York.
She was a graduate of Havergal College-Toronto Girls School in Canada, and the Katherine Gibbs School in Boston, MA.
Cinders loved her home in Landgrove, Vermont, where she lived for thirty-five years.
She is survived by her daughter Alice G. Cheney of Warren, Vermont, her grandson Justin Cheney of Clearwater, Florida, and her husband Edward Norris of Woodstock, Vermont. Cinders was predeceased by her sisters Margaret Mallory Dominic of Sharon, Connecticut, and Joan Mallory Reeves of Georgetown, South Carolina, her daughter Sally Ussher Cheney, her son Henry Cheney and her husband Benjamin Cheney.
A private memorial service will be held at Riverside Cemetery in Farmington, Connecticut.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to the Mountain Valley Medical Center, 38 Route 11, Londonderry, VT 05148; or Manchester Health Services, 5468 Main Street, Manchester Center, VT 05255.
To send the family personal email condolences, please visit www.sheafuneralhomes.com.
The family has entrusted arrangements to the care of Brewster & Shea Funeral Service, 34 Park Place, Manchester Center, Vermont.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.