Michael J. FredetteJanuary 08,2013
Michael J. FredetteMichael J. Fredette
BETHLEHEM, GA — Michael J. Fredette, 64, a former longtime resident of Rutland, died January 5, 2013, in Georgia following a long illness.
He was born on October 1, 1948, in Rutland, the son of Wilfred and Marion (Brown) Fredette.
Mr. Fredette grew up in Rutland, graduating from the Rutland High School in 1967.
He was employed as a manager by the Grossmans Lumber Yard for 26 years. He then worked for the Georgia Pacific Company out of Burlington for several years, prior to being transferred to Atlanta, GA, where he worked for many years prior to his retirement.
He enjoyed drag racing in his younger years, winning several trophies. He loved to watch sports, especially football.
Survivors include his wife Carolann of GA; his mother Marion Fredette of Rutland; a sister Susan Heidelmark and her husband Fred of Earlton, N.Y.; three brothers, William Fredette and his wife Joanne of Benita, FL, Robert Fredette and his companion Patty, and Gary Fredette of Middletown Springs; several nieces and nephews.
He was predeceased by his father Wilfred C. Fredette on January 16, 1988, and a sister-in-law Joanne Fredette on May 28, 2012.
A memorial service is pending for April at Christ the King Church, 66 South Main Street, Rutland, Vermont.
Local arrangements are by the Aldous Funeral Home.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: National survey ranks Vermont kids' well-being in second place, Springfield takes up anti-loitering ordinance, Rutland debate taxis, Fair Haven woman is arrested in Rutland for prostitution.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather and news: Research scientists say schizophrenia and marijuana use linked. Are marijuana smokers schizophrenic or are schizophrenics more disposed toward marijuana use?
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 365 CE, eastern Mediterranean rocked by high magnitude earthquake and tsunami, in 1865, Davis 'Little Dave' Tutt meets Wild Bill Hickock in Springfield, Mo., to settle differences.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Pesticides in soil and ground water are killing not only honey bees and other useful insects, but songbirds as well.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Judge issues deposition order in for city police corporal's lawsuit against the department, market for marijuana-laced edibles en fuego in at least two states, West Rutland truck fire consumes all driver's earthly possessions.