Eugene R. NickersonJanuary 06,2013Eugene R. Nickerson Rites
SPRINGFIELD — A funeral Mass for Eugene R. Nickerson, 82, who died Saturday, Dec. 29, 2012, was held Thursday, Jan. 3, 2013, at St. Mary’s Catholic Church in Springfield.
The Rev. Peter Williams, pastor, officiated.
Mr. Nickerson’s daughter, Linda Miller, gave the eulogy. Organist was Jennifer Turco and soloist was Stan Smith. Reader and altar server was Dennis Pine.
Burial will be in the St. Mary’s Cemetery in Springfield in the spring.
Arrangements were under the direction of the Davis Memorial Chapel in Springfield.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Dutch father of microbiology Antonie van Leeuwenhoek discovers the existence of one-celled organisms; in 1967, The Doors are booked to play the Ed Sullivan show; in 1858, freedom fighter Dred Scott dies on this day in St. Louis.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: No money this year for western rail project, Lola Aiken memorialized in Montpelier, Supreme Court Castleton murder suspect will remain in jail, Shaftbury man fires shots from his AK-47 into neighbor's home.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1959, Soviet Premier Nikita S. Khrushchev arrives in U.S. for historic 13-day visit; in 1987, Secretary of State George Shultz and Soviet Foreign Minister Eduard Shevardnadze sign nuclear reduction agreement.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: City celebrates completion of its newest mural, on West Street opposite the post office, more than $2 million in federal grants will bolster Vermont's health centers, Patrick McArdle reports on pending sale of Vermont papers.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Henry Hudson sails up the Hudson River as far as present-day Albany, Leo Szilard has epiphany waiting for the light to change, 3 kids report a West Virginia close encounter in 1952.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Who will run for mayor in Rutland next year? Has Bennington overcome its fear of twerking? Documentary 'Hungry Heart' packs the Paramount, and the city's Creek Path scores another million-plus dollars.