Eugene R. NickersonJanuary 06,2013Eugene R. Nickerson Rites
SPRINGFIELD — A funeral Mass for Eugene R. Nickerson, 82, who died Saturday, Dec. 29, 2012, was held Thursday, Jan. 3, 2013, at St. Mary’s Catholic Church in Springfield.
The Rev. Peter Williams, pastor, officiated.
Mr. Nickerson’s daughter, Linda Miller, gave the eulogy. Organist was Jennifer Turco and soloist was Stan Smith. Reader and altar server was Dennis Pine.
Burial will be in the St. Mary’s Cemetery in Springfield in the spring.
Arrangements were under the direction of the Davis Memorial Chapel in Springfield.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Scientists call for more research on the temporal and lasting effects of nuclear fallout on plants and animals in proximity to Japan’s Fukushima-Daiichi nuclear power station where changes at the molecular level were found.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 410 CE, Visigoths sack Rome and it isn't the first time, either; in 1859, Titusville, Pa., the first commercially viable oil well comes in; in 1918, the only World War I battle fought on U.S. soil in Nogales, Ariz.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Archaelogists uncover artifacts proving that late neolithic Egyptians, pre-dating the Pyramids of Giza, practiced mummification to prepare their dead for the afterlife, far earlier than presupposed.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE:Chemicals used in hydraulic fracturing that pollute ground water and the air we breathe come under scrutiny by researchers who find at least eight fracking chemicals toxic to mammals.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: The craze for Omega-3 fatty acids as a dietary supplement in its most popular form, fish oil, has led to depletion of fish stocks in oceans throughout the world. Is this the beginning of the total collapse of global fisheries?
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Suspects arrested in Killington bear death, Bryanna Allen and Kevin O'Connor report along the Back to School front, Rutland Plywood site remains an active fire scene as debris continues to smolder.