Vt. Health Dept.:
BURLINGTON — The Vermont Health Department reports that the flu is widespread and influenza-like illnesses have been confirmed in all areas of the state.
Officials said Friday it’s the first time this season that flu activity has been characterized as “widespread.”
State epidemiologist Patsy Kelso said everyone age 6 months and older should be vaccinated against seasonal flu.
She said flu can be a serious illness, especially for the very young and very old, and a typical season can last well into March.
People can be vaccinated at their doctors’ offices, at a local pharmacy or, for children up to age 18, at no charge at the Health Department’s 12 district offices.MORE IN Vermont NewsDVHA Commissioner Mark Larson told lawmakers Tuesday of a second privacy breadh on Vermont Health... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation