Roy J. Rotella RitesJanuary 05,2013Roy J. Rotella Rites
A celebration of life for Roy J. Rotella, 85, who died Dec. 27, 2012, at his home was held Monday, Dec. 31, 2012, in Christ the King Church.
Officiating was the Rev. Justin C. Baker, pastor.
Organist was William Gower-Johnson. Music was provided by the church choir.
Readers were William J. Rotella, Kathleen and Joseph Rotella, and Kelley Rotella.
Eulogists were Gary J. Rotella, Jo-Ann Ballard and Christopher Rotella.
Presentation of gifts were by Michael, Tina and Marina Rotella.
Military services were provided by Rutland American Legion Post 31. Flag folders were John Manney, Sam Coburn and Ron Fairbanks. Dick White presented the flag to the family.
Bearers were Gabriel Rotella, Christopher Rotella, Michael Rotella, Joseph Rotella, Reese Rotella, Sean Ballard, Dylan Rotella and Kyle Ballard.
A reception followed in Engle Hall.
Burial will be held at a later date in Calvary Cemetery.
Arrangements were under the direction of the Clifford Funeral Home.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Highway Trust Fund bill passage Vt. projects are moving forward, about 20 state inmates are seeking clemency through new federal standards and search is on to find temporary member for State Colleges Board of Trustees.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Workers on this day in 1984 in a Cheshire, England, peat bog find well-preserved human remains at least 2,000 years dead, born this day in 1843, Robert Todd Lincoln, eldest son of the president, present at three assassinations.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: A fiery pit nicknamed the 'Gate of Hell' in the Karakum desert in Turkmenistan has been burning for 40 years.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: osh O'Gorman reports on the impact of state budget cuts on state colleges, Rutland Town welcomes Donna Zeller as town clerk, Bryanna Allen in Killington for chili cookoff and Haley talks up the big Shrine game with N.H. and Vt.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Teddy Roosevelt makes Americans believe the poor, peace-loving, misunderstood piranha is a vicious, dangerous animal.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Teamsters leader Jimmy Hoffa disappears on this day in 1975, on this day in 2003, the last Volkswagen Type I, the Beetle, rolls off the assembly line in Mexico, Ambrose Bierce on the classifications of homicide.