Rose M. TobiasJanuary 05,2013Rose M. Tobias
BENNINGTON — Rose Marie Tobias, 87, formerly of Poughkeepsie, N.Y., died Thursday, Jan. 4, 2013, at her home following a brief illness.
She was born Oct. 5, 1925, in Poughkeepsie, the daughter of Percey and Amelia (Becker) Brock.
She married Charles Tobias in Poughkeepsie on April 25, 1978.
Survivors include her husband; two sons, Robb Bower of San Diego, Calif., and Randolph Bower of New York; a daughter, Rose Mary McGuire of Northfield, N.H.; five step-children: C. Richard Tobias and James E. Tobias, both of St. Petersburg, Fla., Paul J. Tobias of Pavilion, N.Y., Jane T. Sleight of Arlington and Louisa, Va., and John P. Tobias of Pleasant Hill, Calif.; seven grandchildren; and a sister, Virginia Walsh of New Paltz, N.Y.
A memorial service will be held later in the spring.
Arrangements are under the direction of Mahar and Son Funeral Home in Bennington.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Workers on this day in 1984 in a Cheshire, England, peat bog find well-preserved human remains at least 2,000 years dead, born this day in 1843, Robert Todd Lincoln, eldest son of the president, present at three assassinations.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: A fiery pit nicknamed the 'Gate of Hell' in the Karakum desert in Turkmenistan has been burning for 40 years.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: osh O'Gorman reports on the impact of state budget cuts on state colleges, Rutland Town welcomes Donna Zeller as town clerk, Bryanna Allen in Killington for chili cookoff and Haley talks up the big Shrine game with N.H. and Vt.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Teddy Roosevelt makes Americans believe the poor, peace-loving, misunderstood piranha is a vicious, dangerous animal.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Teamsters leader Jimmy Hoffa disappears on this day in 1975, on this day in 2003, the last Volkswagen Type I, the Beetle, rolls off the assembly line in Mexico, Ambrose Bierce on the classifications of homicide.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Seals have figured out fish they like to eat gather in schools around turbines in offshore wind farms. But the environment is not without hazards, maintenance vessels and noise pollution.