Peter D. OrvisJanuary 03,2013Peter D. Orvis
BRANDON — Peter Douville Orvis, 69, died Tuesday, Jan. 1, 2013, at his home in Brandon.
A memorial service “In Celebration of His Life” will be held Tuesday, Jan. 8, 2013, at 10 a.m., at Grace Episcopal Church in Forest Dale.
The graveside committal service and burial, with military honors, will take place at a later date in Pine Hill Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to: Rutland Area Visiting Nurse & Hospice, 7 Albert Cree Drive, Rutland, VT 05701; or to The Foley Cancer Clinic, 160 Allen St., Rutland, VT 05701.
A complete obituary will be published in a future edition of Rutland Herald.
Arrangements are under the direction of the Miller & Ketcham Funeral Home in Brandon.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Woodstock Ave. lane reconfiguration trial will go forward despite resistance, Rutland city engineer decamps for greener pastures in flatlands, technology changes the way many people file tax returns.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Gulf wildlife still dying from 2010 BP oil spill, Veena in Cabo San Lucas, Gertrude Stein on family living, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Police officer identified in deadly Brattleboro shooting, school consolidation boosters silent on savings, lawmakers nix legal marijuana for PTSD and scrap yard helps solve half-ton heist.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Coyotes are true American survivors, Veena on Narragansett Pier, Vladimir Nabokov in Paris.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Bad crash in Rutland Town sends driver to hospital, natural gas pipeline get support from Addison County Planning Commission.