Peter D. OrvisJanuary 03,2013Peter D. Orvis
BRANDON — Peter Douville Orvis, 69, died Tuesday, Jan. 1, 2013, at his home in Brandon.
A memorial service “In Celebration of His Life” will be held Tuesday, Jan. 8, 2013, at 10 a.m., at Grace Episcopal Church in Forest Dale.
The graveside committal service and burial, with military honors, will take place at a later date in Pine Hill Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to: Rutland Area Visiting Nurse & Hospice, 7 Albert Cree Drive, Rutland, VT 05701; or to The Foley Cancer Clinic, 160 Allen St., Rutland, VT 05701.
A complete obituary will be published in a future edition of Rutland Herald.
Arrangements are under the direction of the Miller & Ketcham Funeral Home in Brandon.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.