Police: Don’t push snow on roadJanuary 01,2013Police: Don’t push snow on road
BENNINGTON — While Bennington’s roads, sidewalks and driveways remain covered with snow in some places, the Bennington Police Department has issued a reminder that residents need to be careful where they move the white stuff.
In a press release, Lt. Lloyd Dean, of the Bennington Police Department, pointed out that homeowners and snow plow operators need to remember the law that says that no person shall plow or otherwise deposit snow onto the traveled way, shoulder or sidewalk of a state highway or local road.
A person violating the law would not face getting any points on his or her license but might be ordered to pay a $70 fine to resolve the violation.
Employees of the Vermont Agency of Transportation and town employees in their official duties are exempt from the violation.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Teamsters leader Jimmy Hoffa disappears on this day in 1975, on this day in 2003, the last Volkswagen Type I, the Beetle, rolls off the assembly line in Mexico, Ambrose Bierce on the classifications of homicide.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Seals have figured out fish they like to eat gather in schools around turbines in offshore wind farms. But the environment is not without hazards, maintenance vessels and noise pollution.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont Yankee announces final day of nuclear power generation in Vermont, storm brings floods back to Chester, Castleton town manager to resign office, chronic offender sentenced to 25 years for sexual assault.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Archaeologists find a leather shoe in a cave in Armenia that predates the Pyramids by more than a thousand years.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1932, President Hoover orders the Army to evict bonus marchers from Anacostia Flats; author Malcolm Lowry born this day, as is Jackie Kennedy and Mike Bloomfield; Stephen Crane on consuming one's own heart.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Earth barely avoids being blasted by immense solar flare in 2012, astrophysicists say next time might not be so lucky.