Police: Don’t push snow on roadJanuary 01,2013Police: Don’t push snow on road
BENNINGTON — While Bennington’s roads, sidewalks and driveways remain covered with snow in some places, the Bennington Police Department has issued a reminder that residents need to be careful where they move the white stuff.
In a press release, Lt. Lloyd Dean, of the Bennington Police Department, pointed out that homeowners and snow plow operators need to remember the law that says that no person shall plow or otherwise deposit snow onto the traveled way, shoulder or sidewalk of a state highway or local road.
A person violating the law would not face getting any points on his or her license but might be ordered to pay a $70 fine to resolve the violation.
Employees of the Vermont Agency of Transportation and town employees in their official duties are exempt from the violation.MORE IN This Just InPolice and rescue personnel are responded to an accident on Strongs Avenue with an injury at 4:30 p. Full StoryCASTLETON — Castleton College head football coach Marc Klatt has resigned after three years... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation