Police: Don’t push snow on roadJanuary 01,2013Police: Don’t push snow on road
BENNINGTON — While Bennington’s roads, sidewalks and driveways remain covered with snow in some places, the Bennington Police Department has issued a reminder that residents need to be careful where they move the white stuff.
In a press release, Lt. Lloyd Dean, of the Bennington Police Department, pointed out that homeowners and snow plow operators need to remember the law that says that no person shall plow or otherwise deposit snow onto the traveled way, shoulder or sidewalk of a state highway or local road.
A person violating the law would not face getting any points on his or her license but might be ordered to pay a $70 fine to resolve the violation.
Employees of the Vermont Agency of Transportation and town employees in their official duties are exempt from the violation.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: First televised nuclear test, Woody Harrelson's father claimed involvement in the JFK assassination, Immanuel Kant and William L. Shirer rave on and MIT researchers propose sea-borne nuclear power stations.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Accused child killer released on bail, protesters want him back behind bars, aldermen meet to vote on mayor's board nomination, 156 Vermont runners participate in Monday's Boston Marathon.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Soil beneath Greenland ice sheet predates dawn of mankind, Hitch faces true Hollawood problem head-on, Mark Twain on school boards, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Free Library director Paula Baker will retire at the end of the year, state Senate will vote on new minimum wage legislation and Bennington College graduates win Pulitzer Prizes.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.