Police: Man punches through barracks window after being citedStaff Report | December 29,2012BRATTLEBORO — Police said a local man cited for driving while under the influence of alcohol almost walked away with the single charge until he put his fist through a window at the Brattleboro barracks of the Vermont State Police on Thursday.
Alexander P. Hrabovsky, 21, of Brattleboro, was arrested after police investigated a noise complaint made around 11:40 p.m. Wednesday on Brookline Road in Townshend, according to a press release from Trooper Max Trenosky, of the Vermont State Police.
Trenosky said that during the investigation for the noise complaint, troopers spoke with Hrabovsky, who was driving his 2002 Ford truck from the area where the noise complaint was reported.
Further investigation revealed that Hrabovsky’s blood alcohol content was over the 0.08 limit for drivers in Vermont, police said.
Hrabovsky was arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol and taken to the Brattleboro barracks for processing. After being released, Hrabovsky He sustained lacerations to his right hand and was treated by Rescue Inc., police said.
Police then added a citation for unlawful mischief. Hrabovsky is scheduled to appear in Windham County criminal court Jan. 22.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1778, Capt. James Cook is first European to set eyes on Maui in Hawaiian Islands; 1922, Pharoah Tutankhamun found after 3000 years; 1909, Hollawood movie star Frances Dee born in Los Angeles.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Hazmat unit called downtown, Boys & Girls Club hosts dinner for members and families, Secret Santa back on the beat, city discusses runoff problem on Mayfield Road, Brandon gets creative about fixes to town roads, sidewalks.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1944, U.S. begins B-29 bombing raids on Japanese main islands; in 1950, Great Appalachian Storm begins to form; 1963, Lee Oswald killed by Jack Ruby; 1974, D.B. Cooper hijacks Seattle-bound airliner; 1974, 'Lucy' found.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, striking Colo. miners attacked with machine guns by state police; 1877, Thomas Edison announces invention of the phonograph, 1959, Alan Freed fired by WABC 770 AM for accepting payola to promote records.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1863, President Abraham Lincoln delivers short speech in Gettysburg, Pa.; in 1984, a Pemex LNG facility destroyed by series of gas explosions, 600 people are killed; in 1998, Senate builds fire under Bill Clinton.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1831 – Independent South American super-state, Gran Colombia, dissolved; 1856 - Fort Buchanan built to control Apache warriors; 1970 - William Calley Jr. goes on trial after 1968 massacre at My Lai, Vietnam.