Ashley B. Ashcroft-BillingsDecember 29,2012Ashley B. Ashcroft-Billings
CHARLOTTE, N.C. — Ashley Brook Ashcroft-Billings, 27, of Charlotte, N.C., formerly of Rutland, VT, died Thursday, December 20, 2012, in Charlotte.
A graduate of South Rowan High School in China Grove, N.C., she also attended schools in Proctor, Rutland Town and Rutland City, VT, and Rowan-Cabarrus Community College in North Carolina.
Ashley is survived by her daughter, Skye Lee Gilley of China Grove, N.C. An infant daughter, Arianna, predeceased her.
Other survivors include her adoptive family in Vermont: mother, Mary C. Ashcroft, and siblings, Isiah Ashcroft-Billings, Gordon Ashcroft-Billings and Jamie Ashcroft-Billings, all of Rutland Town; Penny B. Probst, Timothy Billings, Mark Billings and Sarah B. Reynolds, and grandmothers Jean F. Ashcroft of Bellows Falls, VT, and Lillian T. Billings of Rutland. Ashley’s father, Harold E. Billings, died earlier this year.
She is also survived by her birth family in North Carolina, including mother Nancy Parent of Charlotte, and siblings Abijah Whitney and Zachary Wojenski.
Funeral arrangements are pending with Hartsell Funeral Home in Concord, N,C. A spring burial will be planned for Evergreen Cemetery in Rutland, Vermont.
Online condolences may be made at www.hartsellfh.com.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Acclaimed illusionist & escape artist Harry Houdini, performing in Montreal in 1926, is sucker-punched by a McGill University student. Houdini doesn't know he has peritonitis - the punches are possible factor in his Oct. 31 death.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Police Chief James Baker to resign from the force at the end of the year to take a job in Washington, D.C., jury remains out in teacher killing murder trial, Rec Dept. releases report on what's wrong with White's Pool.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Well diggers in Cardiff, New York, find what is thought to be the petrified body of a 10-foot-tall man, perfectly preserved after thousands of years, which becomes a popular roadside attraction until proven to be a fake.
- Pittsford Haunted House
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1720, 'Calico Jack' Rackham, Caribbean pirate and early feminist, known for recruiting women to his crew and for fabric decorating skills after creating 'Jolly Roger' flag, is captured by the British Royal Navy.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1307, King Phillip the Fair of France orders hundreds of Knights Templar rounded up and arrested, charged with heresy, tortured until they confess; on this day in 1917, thousands see miracle of Our Lady of Fatima.