Ashley B. Ashcroft-BillingsDecember 29,2012Ashley B. Ashcroft-Billings
CHARLOTTE, N.C. — Ashley Brook Ashcroft-Billings, 27, of Charlotte, N.C., formerly of Rutland, VT, died Thursday, December 20, 2012, in Charlotte.
A graduate of South Rowan High School in China Grove, N.C., she also attended schools in Proctor, Rutland Town and Rutland City, VT, and Rowan-Cabarrus Community College in North Carolina.
Ashley is survived by her daughter, Skye Lee Gilley of China Grove, N.C. An infant daughter, Arianna, predeceased her.
Other survivors include her adoptive family in Vermont: mother, Mary C. Ashcroft, and siblings, Isiah Ashcroft-Billings, Gordon Ashcroft-Billings and Jamie Ashcroft-Billings, all of Rutland Town; Penny B. Probst, Timothy Billings, Mark Billings and Sarah B. Reynolds, and grandmothers Jean F. Ashcroft of Bellows Falls, VT, and Lillian T. Billings of Rutland. Ashley’s father, Harold E. Billings, died earlier this year.
She is also survived by her birth family in North Carolina, including mother Nancy Parent of Charlotte, and siblings Abijah Whitney and Zachary Wojenski.
Funeral arrangements are pending with Hartsell Funeral Home in Concord, N,C. A spring burial will be planned for Evergreen Cemetery in Rutland, Vermont.
Online condolences may be made at www.hartsellfh.com.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Woodstock Ave. lane reconfiguration trial will go forward despite resistance, Rutland city engineer decamps for greener pastures in flatlands, technology changes the way many people file tax returns.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Gulf wildlife still dying from 2010 BP oil spill, Veena in Cabo San Lucas, Gertrude Stein on family living, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Police officer identified in deadly Brattleboro shooting, school consolidation boosters silent on savings, lawmakers nix legal marijuana for PTSD and scrap yard helps solve half-ton heist.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Coyotes are true American survivors, Veena on Narragansett Pier, Vladimir Nabokov in Paris.