UVM converting to LED lights on campus
BURLINGTON, Vt. (AP) The University of Vermont has converted nearly a thousand bulbs on campus to LED lights.
Several hundred replacements remain, and are scheduled to be completed next year.
The lights are the first investment underwritten by UVM's $13 million green revolving fund.
The Burlington Free Press reports (http://bfpne.ws/TbPSSk) the overall lighting investment totals $225,000, after rebates from the Burlington Electric Department. Annual savings in electricity costs are forecast at $75,000.
Information from: The Burlington Free Press, http://www.burlingtonfreepress.comMORE IN National / World BusinessHow would you like to pay only $25 for a one-day lift ticket at Pico Mountain Resort? Full StoryMONTPELIER ó Itís December, winter is on the horizon and Vermontís snowmobile season is set to... Full StoryWASHINGTON ó Facing a standoff in the Senate, the top Democrats and Republicans on Congressí... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation