Truck jack-knifes on 22ADecember 18,2012BENSON — Police said icy roads contributed to a tractor-trailer jack-knifing on Route 22A early Monday morning.
Vermont State Police said Jack Wallace, 65, of Warnerville, N.Y., was driving a 2012 Freightliner loaded with “grocery goods” north at around 4 a.m. when he hit a patch of ice near Perch Pond Road and skidded off the road and into a ditch, colliding with several small trees in the process.
The trailer remained partially in the northbound lane. Traffic was temporarily diverted around the crash site.
Police said Wallace suffered minor scrapes and was taken to Rutland Regional Medical Center, where whe was treated and released. The truck sustained “significant overall damage,” according to police.MORE IN This Just InVermont State Police issued the following press release this afternoon: Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation