Joann H. MoyerDecember 17,2012Joann H. Moyer Rites
WEST RUTLAND — The memorial service for Joann H. “Joan” Moyer, 72, who died Tuesday, Dec. 11, 2012, was held Saturday, Dec. 15, at Grace Congregational United Church of Christ.
The Rev. John Weatherhogg, senior minister, officiated.
The pianist was Diane Chartrand.
Words of remembrance were by Joyce McGuinnis and Ron Wilder.
Burial followed in Danby Scottsville Cemetery.
A reception took place at Franklin Conference Center.
Memorial contributions may be made to Rutland Area Visiting Nurse Association & Hospice, in care of Rutland Health Foundation, 433 West St., Rutland, VT 05701; or Foley Cancer Center at Rutland Regional Medical Center, 160 Allen St., Rutland, VT 05701.
Arrangements were under the direction of the Aldous Funeral Home.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1778, Capt. James Cook is first European to set eyes on Maui in Hawaiian Islands; 1922, Pharoah Tutankhamun found after 3000 years; 1909, Hollawood movie star Frances Dee born in Los Angeles.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Hazmat unit called downtown, Boys & Girls Club hosts dinner for members and families, Secret Santa back on the beat, city discusses runoff problem on Mayfield Road, Brandon gets creative about fixes to town roads, sidewalks.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1944, U.S. begins B-29 bombing raids on Japanese main islands; in 1950, Great Appalachian Storm begins to form; 1963, Lee Oswald killed by Jack Ruby; 1974, D.B. Cooper hijacks Seattle-bound airliner; 1974, 'Lucy' found.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, striking Colo. miners attacked with machine guns by state police; 1877, Thomas Edison announces invention of the phonograph, 1959, Alan Freed fired by WABC 770 AM for accepting payola to promote records.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1863, President Abraham Lincoln delivers short speech in Gettysburg, Pa.; in 1984, a Pemex LNG facility destroyed by series of gas explosions, 600 people are killed; in 1998, Senate builds fire under Bill Clinton.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1831 – Independent South American super-state, Gran Colombia, dissolved; 1856 - Fort Buchanan built to control Apache warriors; 1970 - William Calley Jr. goes on trial after 1968 massacre at My Lai, Vietnam.