Helen G. JonesDecember 17,2012
Helen G. JonesHelen G. Jones
GRANVILLE, N.Y. ó Helen Grace Jones, 80, died Saturday, Dec. 15, 2012, at Haynes House of Hope, following a long illness.
She was born June 19, 1932, in Pawlet, Vt., the daughter of Frank and Rose (Thrasher) Martelle.
Mrs. Jones was employed at Poultney (Vt.) Dress Shop and then at her husbandís service station for about five years and finally at Malinkrodt in Argyle.
Known for her cooking and baking, she also enjoyed flower gardening, bird watching, especially hummingbirds, as well as camping and traveling with her husband.
Survivors include three siblings, Mary Smith and Catherine Matteson, both of North Granville, and Leroy Martelle of Rutland, Vt.; numerous nieces and nephews.
She was predeceased by her husband of 50 years, Don Jones; and 11 siblings, Douglas, Clarence, Nelson, Arthur, Louis, Paul, Francis and Thomas Martelle, Harriet Miller, Gertrude Haskins and Florence Monroe.
At her request, there will be no calling hours.
The funeral service will be held at 11 a.m. Wednesday, Dec. 19, at United Methodist Church of Granville on Church Street with the Rev. Jerry McKinney officiating.
Memorial contributions may be made to Haynes House of Hope, 7187 CR 149, Granville, NY 12832; or Granville Rescue Squad, PO Box 153, Granville, NY 12832.
Arrangements are under the direction of the Robert M. King Funeral Home in Granville.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.