Helen G. JonesDecember 17,2012
Helen G. JonesHelen G. Jones
GRANVILLE, N.Y. ó Helen Grace Jones, 80, died Saturday, Dec. 15, 2012, at Haynes House of Hope, following a long illness.
She was born June 19, 1932, in Pawlet, Vt., the daughter of Frank and Rose (Thrasher) Martelle.
Mrs. Jones was employed at Poultney (Vt.) Dress Shop and then at her husbandís service station for about five years and finally at Malinkrodt in Argyle.
Known for her cooking and baking, she also enjoyed flower gardening, bird watching, especially hummingbirds, as well as camping and traveling with her husband.
Survivors include three siblings, Mary Smith and Catherine Matteson, both of North Granville, and Leroy Martelle of Rutland, Vt.; numerous nieces and nephews.
She was predeceased by her husband of 50 years, Don Jones; and 11 siblings, Douglas, Clarence, Nelson, Arthur, Louis, Paul, Francis and Thomas Martelle, Harriet Miller, Gertrude Haskins and Florence Monroe.
At her request, there will be no calling hours.
The funeral service will be held at 11 a.m. Wednesday, Dec. 19, at United Methodist Church of Granville on Church Street with the Rev. Jerry McKinney officiating.
Memorial contributions may be made to Haynes House of Hope, 7187 CR 149, Granville, NY 12832; or Granville Rescue Squad, PO Box 153, Granville, NY 12832.
Arrangements are under the direction of the Robert M. King Funeral Home in Granville.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Brandon voters decide fate of proposed budget, calls to police for service on complaints have fallen to new low, city woman who spray painted a response to vandals on her sidewalk is cited for mischief.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: National survey ranks Vermont kids' well-being in second place, Springfield takes up anti-loitering ordinance, Rutland debate taxis, Fair Haven woman is arrested in Rutland for prostitution.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather and news: Research scientists say schizophrenia and marijuana use linked. Are marijuana smokers schizophrenic or are schizophrenics more disposed toward marijuana use?
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 365 CE, eastern Mediterranean rocked by high magnitude earthquake and tsunami, in 1865, Davis 'Little Dave' Tutt meets Wild Bill Hickock in Springfield, Mo., to settle differences.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Pesticides in soil and ground water are killing not only honey bees and other useful insects, but songbirds as well.