Joann H. MoyerDecember 13,2012
Joann H. Moyer
WEST RUTLAND — Joann H. “Joan” Moyer, 72, of West Rutland, died Tuesday, December 11, 2012, at her residence, following a brief illness.
She was born on December 7, 1940, in Wallingford, the daughter of Charles W. and Frances I. (Fredette) Wilder.
Mrs. Moyer graduated from the Wallingford High School in 1960.
She married Donald W. Moyer on June 22, 1963, in West Rutland.
Mrs. Moyer had been employed by the hot lunch program in West Rutland Schools, for several years as a baker for Grand Union, and the last few years by Price Chopper.
She enjoyed attending events at the Moose Club, decorating for Christmas, cooking, crocheting, planning parties, cake decorating and line dancing. Joan loved to attend her children and grandchildren’s sporting events.
Mrs. Moyer was a member of the Grace Congregational United Church of Christ.
Survivors include her husband, Donald Moyer of West Rutland; two daughters, Kelly Fulton and her husband Jamie of Georgetown, S.C., and Janet Bathalon of Castleton; her mother, Frances Wilder of Rutland; two brothers, Edward Wilder of Rutland and Ronald Wilder of West Rutland; five grandchildren, Nicholas Ackley and Alyssa Bathalon, both of Castleton, J.T. Fulton, Joshua Fulton and Justin Fulton, all of Georgetown, S.C.; several nieces and nephews.
She was predeceased by her father in 1986.
There will be no calling hours, per her request.
A memorial service will be held at 12 noon Saturday at the Grace Congregational United Church of Christ.
Burial will follow in the Danby-Scottsville Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to the Rutland Area Visiting Nurse Association & Hospice, c/o Rutland Health Foundation, 433 West St., Rutland, VT 05701; or to the Foley Cancer Center at Rutland Regional Medical Center, 160 Allen St., Rutland, VT 05701.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.