Wilbur E. Goulette Sr.December 13,2012
Wilbur E. Goulette Sr.
MENDON — Wilbur Edson Goulette Sr., 64, of Mendon, died Monday, December 10, 2012, at Tufts Medical Center in Boston, Mass. He was born in Hampton, N.Y., on January 28, 1948, the son of Howard and Viola (Reynolds) Goulette. Will grew up in Rutland where he graduated from Rutland High School. He was a veteran of the U.S. Army, serving during the Vietnam War (1966-1969). After his service, he worked at General Electric. The next 40 years, he worked for himself remodeling homes in the Rutland region.
Surviving are his son, Butch Goulette and his wife Mary Ann of Rutland Town; his daughter, Kerry Coarse and her husband Kevin of Rutland Town; and his four grandsons, Zachary, Willie, Ethan and Matthew. Wilbur also leaves behind nine sisters, Mary Forte of Brandon, Vt., Bette Davis of Rutland Town, Charlotte (Mike) Frankiewicz of Brandon, Vt., Judy (Fran) Delorme of Brunswick, Ohio, Patty Goulette of Rutland, Vt., Dorthory (Bob) Smolinski of West Rutland, Julia (Craig) Komulainen of South Paris, Maine, Stephanie (Verlin) Cooper of West Paris, Maine, Susan (David) Markowski of Florence, Vt.; and one brother, Fred (Lori) Goulette of Sunrise, Fla. He also leaves his partner, Judy Long of Mendon, and numerous nieces and nephews, aunts, an uncle and cousins. Will was predeceased by his parents; a sister, Linda Casey; and a brother, Howard Goulette Jr.
Will enjoyed making others laugh. Spending time with his friends and family, especially his grandchildren, was a favorite pastime for him.
Funeral services will be held at 10:00 a.m. Friday, December 14, at Christ the King Church with a reception following at the Markowski Farm in Florence, Vt.
Visiting hours will be held Thursday from 3:00 – 7:00 p.m. at Clifford Funeral Home in Rutland.
Memorial contributions may be made to the American Heart Association, Christ the King Church or Rutland Area Visiting Nurse Association, in care of Clifford Funeral Home, 2 Washington St., Rutland, VT 05701.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Woodstock Ave. lane reconfiguration trial will go forward despite resistance, Rutland city engineer decamps for greener pastures in flatlands, technology changes the way many people file tax returns.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Gulf wildlife still dying from 2010 BP oil spill, Veena in Cabo San Lucas, Gertrude Stein on family living, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Police officer identified in deadly Brattleboro shooting, school consolidation boosters silent on savings, lawmakers nix legal marijuana for PTSD and scrap yard helps solve half-ton heist.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Coyotes are true American survivors, Veena on Narragansett Pier, Vladimir Nabokov in Paris.