Wilbur E. Goulette Sr.December 13,2012
Wilbur E. Goulette Sr.
MENDON — Wilbur Edson Goulette Sr., 64, of Mendon, died Monday, December 10, 2012, at Tufts Medical Center in Boston, Mass. He was born in Hampton, N.Y., on January 28, 1948, the son of Howard and Viola (Reynolds) Goulette. Will grew up in Rutland where he graduated from Rutland High School. He was a veteran of the U.S. Army, serving during the Vietnam War (1966-1969). After his service, he worked at General Electric. The next 40 years, he worked for himself remodeling homes in the Rutland region.
Surviving are his son, Butch Goulette and his wife Mary Ann of Rutland Town; his daughter, Kerry Coarse and her husband Kevin of Rutland Town; and his four grandsons, Zachary, Willie, Ethan and Matthew. Wilbur also leaves behind nine sisters, Mary Forte of Brandon, Vt., Bette Davis of Rutland Town, Charlotte (Mike) Frankiewicz of Brandon, Vt., Judy (Fran) Delorme of Brunswick, Ohio, Patty Goulette of Rutland, Vt., Dorthory (Bob) Smolinski of West Rutland, Julia (Craig) Komulainen of South Paris, Maine, Stephanie (Verlin) Cooper of West Paris, Maine, Susan (David) Markowski of Florence, Vt.; and one brother, Fred (Lori) Goulette of Sunrise, Fla. He also leaves his partner, Judy Long of Mendon, and numerous nieces and nephews, aunts, an uncle and cousins. Will was predeceased by his parents; a sister, Linda Casey; and a brother, Howard Goulette Jr.
Will enjoyed making others laugh. Spending time with his friends and family, especially his grandchildren, was a favorite pastime for him.
Funeral services will be held at 10:00 a.m. Friday, December 14, at Christ the King Church with a reception following at the Markowski Farm in Florence, Vt.
Visiting hours will be held Thursday from 3:00 – 7:00 p.m. at Clifford Funeral Home in Rutland.
Memorial contributions may be made to the American Heart Association, Christ the King Church or Rutland Area Visiting Nurse Association, in care of Clifford Funeral Home, 2 Washington St., Rutland, VT 05701.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Ever wonder why the otherwise straight-lined Appalachian chain's got a big crimp in it in Pennsylvania and and New York?
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Scott Milne opens campaign for governor's office, crime statistics fall in city, new home for homeless prevention center, traffic cameras are not watching you, capital panel hears testimony about protecting children.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: America's feet getting bigger than ever, and Americans keep jamming their feet into small sized shoes. Wake up, America!
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Vanessa Williams resigns from Miss America pageant after Bob Guccione publishes nude photos of her in Penthouse magazine and Hefner takes the high road; on this day in 1995, Alan Hale and Thomas Bopp discover a new comet.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Brandon voters decide fate of proposed budget, calls to police for service on complaints have fallen to new low, city woman who spray painted a response to vandals on her sidewalk is cited for mischief.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.