Stanley W. LangleyDecember 13,2012
Stanley W. Langley
WHITE RIVER JUNCTION — Stanley W. Langley, 86, formerly of West Lebanon, N.H., died Saturday, Dec. 8, 2012, at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon, N.H.
He was born Oct. 1, 1926, the son of Charles O. and Lena B. (White) Langley.
He graduated in 1944 from West Lebanon High School, where he was senior class president and later served as the first president of the alumni association.
Mr. Langley enlisted in the Army Air Force, serving during World War II before receiving an honorable discharge at the rank of Corporal.
He married Jean Reid May 7, 1950, in West Lebanon.
He worked in wholesale and retail power equipment sales at R.N. Johnson of Walpole, N.H., Joe’s Equipment Service of West Lebanon, Kelton’s of West Hartford, Vt., and later in the collections department of Mascoma Savings Bank in Lebanon.
Survivors include four children, Shelly and Shawn, both of Hartford, Stephen of White River Junction and Scott of Post Mills; five grandchildren and four great-grandchildren; many nieces and nephews.
Mr. Langley was predeceased by his wife in 2011; four brothers, Averon, Everett, Raymond and Howard Langley; and two sisters, Evelyn Harrala and Berna Hartson.
Calling hours will be from 2 to 4 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 15, at the Ricker Funeral Home in Lebanon.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to The Upper Valley Haven, 713 Hartford Ave., White River Junction, VT 05001.
For online condolences, visit www.rickerfuneralhome.com.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: National survey ranks Vermont kids' well-being in second place, Springfield takes up anti-loitering ordinance, Rutland debate taxis, Fair Haven woman is arrested in Rutland for prostitution.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather and news: Research scientists say schizophrenia and marijuana use linked. Are marijuana smokers schizophrenic or are schizophrenics more disposed toward marijuana use?
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 365 CE, eastern Mediterranean rocked by high magnitude earthquake and tsunami, in 1865, Davis 'Little Dave' Tutt meets Wild Bill Hickock in Springfield, Mo., to settle differences.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Pesticides in soil and ground water are killing not only honey bees and other useful insects, but songbirds as well.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Judge issues deposition order in for city police corporal's lawsuit against the department, market for marijuana-laced edibles en fuego in at least two states, West Rutland truck fire consumes all driver's earthly possessions.