Domestic dispute leads to mud, manure slingingStaff Report | December 12,2012WEST HAVEN — A romantic dispute between two women on a dairy farm on Route 22A left one woman’s minivan full of mud and manure and the other charged with a pair of misdemeanor criminal offenses, according to Vermont State Police.
State Police were called to a barn at 2474 Route 22A Tuesday afternoon for a reported fight.
At the farm, Jessica Drake told police she was shoved head-first into a pipe by Laura Richards, 39, and later left the barn to find the seats, dashboard and other interiors of her minivan filled with mud and manure.
Drake said Richards accused her of having an affair with her husband during the confrontation which other workers at the farm say they witnessed, according to a police affidavit.
Richards was arrested and charged with simple assault and unlawful mischief. She pleaded innocent to those charges on Wednesday and was released on court-ordered conditions.MORE IN This Just InBRATTLEBORO — As a nationally known meditation teacher and New York Times best-selling author,... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1944, U.S. begins B-29 bombing raids on Japanese main islands; in 1950, Great Appalachian Storm begins to form; 1963, Lee Oswald killed by Jack Ruby; 1974, D.B. Cooper hijacks Seattle-bound airliner; 1974, 'Lucy' found.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, striking Colo. miners attacked with machine guns by state police; 1877, Thomas Edison announces invention of the phonograph, 1959, Alan Freed fired by WABC 770 AM for accepting payola to promote records.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1863, President Abraham Lincoln delivers short speech in Gettysburg, Pa.; in 1984, a Pemex LNG facility destroyed by series of gas explosions, 600 people are killed; in 1998, Senate builds fire under Bill Clinton.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1831 – Independent South American super-state, Gran Colombia, dissolved; 1856 - Fort Buchanan built to control Apache warriors; 1970 - William Calley Jr. goes on trial after 1968 massacre at My Lai, Vietnam.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Wisconsin Sen. Joe McCarthy takes advantage of Cold War jitters and builds a tidy little fiefdom for himself on Capitol Hill. It's all good, but pride goes before you know darn well what. The junior senator is damaged going down.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, Leon Trotsky is expelled from the Soviet Communist Party, leaving Joseph Stalin in control of the Soviet Union; in 1970, Oregon DOT tries to dynamite a dead whale off a beach with a rather shocking result.