Rash of car break-ins gets worseDecember 10,2012A weekend string of car break-ins in Mendon and Rutland Town has police warning residents to lock their cars and garages.
Police said someone entered unlocked vehicles on Townline Road in Mendon and Rutland Town sometime between Friday night and Saturday morning.
Then on Saturday night into Sunday, multiple cars and garages were entered and items of value were stolen on Cedar Lane in Mendon and on Park Lane and Post Road extension in Rutland Town.
According to police, an “unknown subject entered, rummaged through unlocked vehicles, and stole various items. During two of these thefts, unattached garages were entered and items were stolen.”
Rutland residents are strongly encouraged to lock their vehicles and keep valuable items out of plain sight, and are encouraged to report any suspicious vehicles and/or activity, police said.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.