Rash of car break-ins gets worseDecember 10,2012A weekend string of car break-ins in Mendon and Rutland Town has police warning residents to lock their cars and garages.
Police said someone entered unlocked vehicles on Townline Road in Mendon and Rutland Town sometime between Friday night and Saturday morning.
Then on Saturday night into Sunday, multiple cars and garages were entered and items of value were stolen on Cedar Lane in Mendon and on Park Lane and Post Road extension in Rutland Town.
According to police, an “unknown subject entered, rummaged through unlocked vehicles, and stole various items. During two of these thefts, unattached garages were entered and items were stolen.”
Rutland residents are strongly encouraged to lock their vehicles and keep valuable items out of plain sight, and are encouraged to report any suspicious vehicles and/or activity, police said.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: First televised nuclear test, Woody Harrelson's father claimed involvement in the JFK assassination, Immanuel Kant and William L. Shirer rave on and MIT researchers propose sea-borne nuclear power stations.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Accused child killer released on bail, protesters want him back behind bars, aldermen meet to vote on mayor's board nomination, 156 Vermont runners participate in Monday's Boston Marathon.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Soil beneath Greenland ice sheet predates dawn of mankind, Hitch faces true Hollawood problem head-on, Mark Twain on school boards, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Free Library director Paula Baker will retire at the end of the year, state Senate will vote on new minimum wage legislation and Bennington College graduates win Pulitzer Prizes.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.