Alleged ring thief faces new chargesDecember 10,2012Alleged ring thief
faces new charges
BURLINGTON ó A man who was charged last year after proposing with a $3,200 ring he allegedly stole from a jewelry store is in trouble again, charged with stealing jewelry, rare coins and other valuables from a residence.
Ryan Jarvis, 26, of Burlington is charged with breaking into a friendís home on Nov. 30 and taking $1,300 worth of merchandise.
WCAX-TV reported that a home surveillance camera allegedly caught Jarvis in the act.
Jarvis was charged last December for allegedly stealing a 1-carat diamond ring from a Zales jewelry store and then giving it to his girlfriend as an engagement ring. Investigators tracked him down after his fiancee posted a photo of the ring on Facebook.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.