Alleged ring thief faces new chargesDecember 10,2012Alleged ring thief
faces new charges
BURLINGTON ó A man who was charged last year after proposing with a $3,200 ring he allegedly stole from a jewelry store is in trouble again, charged with stealing jewelry, rare coins and other valuables from a residence.
Ryan Jarvis, 26, of Burlington is charged with breaking into a friendís home on Nov. 30 and taking $1,300 worth of merchandise.
WCAX-TV reported that a home surveillance camera allegedly caught Jarvis in the act.
Jarvis was charged last December for allegedly stealing a 1-carat diamond ring from a Zales jewelry store and then giving it to his girlfriend as an engagement ring. Investigators tracked him down after his fiancee posted a photo of the ring on Facebook.MORE IN This Just InFormer city attorney Christopher Sullivan will serve at least four years behind bars in the... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day 1739, 'Richard Palmer' identified in prison at York Castle as the notorious outlaw DICK TURPIN; IN 1836, Battle of the Alamo begins near San Antonio de Bexar, Texas; 1896, the Tootsie Roll invented by LEO HIRSCHFELD.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1472, Orkney, Shetland islands put up as collateral by Norway to Scotland in lieu of dowry for MARGARET OF DENMARK on her marriage with JAMES III, king of Scotland; 1962, JOHN GLENN first American to orbit Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: City mayoral candidates debate campaign issues; Hartford, Conn., woman still missing; Neal Goswami reports attempts to legislate suicide; local woman loses 100 pounds through TOPS program.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1878, JOHN TUNSTALL murdered near Lincoln, New Mexico, by the outlaw JESSE EVANS; in 1930, ELM FARM OLLIE first cow to fly in aircraft, first to be milked airborne; 1955, nuke test WASP; '79, snow in Sahara.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Herald News Editor Alan J. Keays and staff writer Gordon Dritschilo discuss stories planned for the February 18, 2015, edition of the newspaper: Winter budgets maxed, legal marijuana, Springfield bank job, USPS slowdown
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1249 AD, ANDRE of LONGJUMEAU is dispatched by LOUIS IX of France to meet the KHAGAN, ruler of the Mongol Empire; in 1804, during 1st Barbary War, STEPHEN DECATUR scuttles the pirate-held USS Philadelphia in Tripoli.