Alleged ring thief faces new chargesDecember 10,2012Alleged ring thief
faces new charges
BURLINGTON ó A man who was charged last year after proposing with a $3,200 ring he allegedly stole from a jewelry store is in trouble again, charged with stealing jewelry, rare coins and other valuables from a residence.
Ryan Jarvis, 26, of Burlington is charged with breaking into a friendís home on Nov. 30 and taking $1,300 worth of merchandise.
WCAX-TV reported that a home surveillance camera allegedly caught Jarvis in the act.
Jarvis was charged last December for allegedly stealing a 1-carat diamond ring from a Zales jewelry store and then giving it to his girlfriend as an engagement ring. Investigators tracked him down after his fiancee posted a photo of the ring on Facebook.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: A brief midsummer return of last winter’s stubborn cold air mass descends over the Northern Plains, Midwest and Northeast this week bringing colder than seasonable daytime temperatures.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Founding father and 2nd president John Adams signs Sedition Act on this day in 1798 providing jail time for criticizing the government; Benjamin Franklin's grandson and namesake dies in jail, for satirizing the president.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Tibetans' ability to breathe and absorb oxygen at high altitude might have been inherited from their ancient ancestors, our new pals, the Denisovans, more dominant in their day than anybody can remember.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Herald Editor Rob Mitchell and staff writer Bryanna Allen discuss conflict at Open Door Mission, MSJ's new principal, teens carve marble in West Rutland.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Researchers find new species of hominid, the Denisovans, and follow genetic evidence that place them across a wide swath of the globe before extinction 40,000 years ago.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Proctor estate sale hits serious legal speed bump, Rutland Town wraps up solar project regulations, Patty Minichiello interviews visiting sculptor in West Rutland and Castleton Crackers honored with national award.