Thank-you to the woman who came into my work to drop off a donation to benefit my sister, Darcy Tucker’s, battle with breast cancer. Your generosity and anonymity has touched both of our hearts.
“But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.” Matthew 6:3-4
I want you to know that your gift will make a huge difference in Darcy being able to focus on her health and not her bills.
I pray that everyone reading this takes note that anyone can make a difference to anyone. Whether it’s participating in the Gift of Life Blood Drive on Dec. 18, helping to provide food to the Vermont Foodbank, tossing dollars into the red kettle for the Salvation Army, shoveling a walkway of a senior who is unable, or making a donation to my sister at www.giveforward.com/forthelifeofdarcy.
We can all make a difference in this season. There are so many folks in need. Ask yourself, “What can I do to make a difference today?” Think about how our community could prosper if we all do as this generous soul has done for Darcy. It is truly limitless! As the Miracle on 34th Street stated, “I do believe.” God bless.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day 1739, 'Richard Palmer' identified in prison at York Castle as the notorious outlaw DICK TURPIN; IN 1836, Battle of the Alamo begins near San Antonio de Bexar, Texas; 1896, the Tootsie Roll invented by LEO HIRSCHFELD.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1472, Orkney, Shetland islands put up as collateral by Norway to Scotland in lieu of dowry for MARGARET OF DENMARK on her marriage with JAMES III, king of Scotland; 1962, JOHN GLENN first American to orbit Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: City mayoral candidates debate campaign issues; Hartford, Conn., woman still missing; Neal Goswami reports attempts to legislate suicide; local woman loses 100 pounds through TOPS program.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1878, JOHN TUNSTALL murdered near Lincoln, New Mexico, by the outlaw JESSE EVANS; in 1930, ELM FARM OLLIE first cow to fly in aircraft, first to be milked airborne; 1955, nuke test WASP; '79, snow in Sahara.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Herald News Editor Alan J. Keays and staff writer Gordon Dritschilo discuss stories planned for the February 18, 2015, edition of the newspaper: Winter budgets maxed, legal marijuana, Springfield bank job, USPS slowdown
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1249 AD, ANDRE of LONGJUMEAU is dispatched by LOUIS IX of France to meet the KHAGAN, ruler of the Mongol Empire; in 1804, during 1st Barbary War, STEPHEN DECATUR scuttles the pirate-held USS Philadelphia in Tripoli.