Thank-you to the woman who came into my work to drop off a donation to benefit my sister, Darcy Tucker’s, battle with breast cancer. Your generosity and anonymity has touched both of our hearts.
“But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.” Matthew 6:3-4
I want you to know that your gift will make a huge difference in Darcy being able to focus on her health and not her bills.
I pray that everyone reading this takes note that anyone can make a difference to anyone. Whether it’s participating in the Gift of Life Blood Drive on Dec. 18, helping to provide food to the Vermont Foodbank, tossing dollars into the red kettle for the Salvation Army, shoveling a walkway of a senior who is unable, or making a donation to my sister at www.giveforward.com/forthelifeofdarcy.
We can all make a difference in this season. There are so many folks in need. Ask yourself, “What can I do to make a difference today?” Think about how our community could prosper if we all do as this generous soul has done for Darcy. It is truly limitless! As the Miracle on 34th Street stated, “I do believe.” God bless.
RutlandMORE IN Letters
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1944, U.S. begins B-29 bombing raids on Japanese main islands; in 1950, Great Appalachian Storm begins to form; 1963, Lee Oswald killed by Jack Ruby; 1974, D.B. Cooper hijacks Seattle-bound airliner; 1974, 'Lucy' found.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, striking Colo. miners attacked with machine guns by state police; 1877, Thomas Edison announces invention of the phonograph, 1959, Alan Freed fired by WABC 770 AM for accepting payola to promote records.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1863, President Abraham Lincoln delivers short speech in Gettysburg, Pa.; in 1984, a Pemex LNG facility destroyed by series of gas explosions, 600 people are killed; in 1998, Senate builds fire under Bill Clinton.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1831 – Independent South American super-state, Gran Colombia, dissolved; 1856 - Fort Buchanan built to control Apache warriors; 1970 - William Calley Jr. goes on trial after 1968 massacre at My Lai, Vietnam.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Wisconsin Sen. Joe McCarthy takes advantage of Cold War jitters and builds a tidy little fiefdom for himself on Capitol Hill. It's all good, but pride goes before you know darn well what. The junior senator is damaged going down.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, Leon Trotsky is expelled from the Soviet Communist Party, leaving Joseph Stalin in control of the Soviet Union; in 1970, Oregon DOT tries to dynamite a dead whale off a beach with a rather shocking result.