Steven M. Sabourin RitesDecember 08,2012Steven M. Sabourin Rites
ORWELL ó A Memorial Mass of Christian Burial was celebrated Friday, Dec. 7, 2012, in St. Maryís Church in Brandon for Steven Michael Sabourin, 60, who died Dec. 2, 2012, at his home in Orwell. The Rev. Ruel Tamangday, pastor of the church, was the celebrant and was assisted by Deacon Gary Griffin.
Stu James was organist.
Following the Mass, a graveside committal and burial service with full military honors was held at Pine Hill Cemetery in Brandon. A color guard and firing squad made up of members of American Legion Post 55 in Brandon and led by their commander, Aaron Tucker, rendered military honors to Mr. Sabourin and were assisted by members of the Vermont Army Guard who folded the American flag and presented it to Mr. Sabourinís sister, Marie Hayes.
Miller & Ketcham Funeral Home, 26 Franklin St. in Brandon, handled the arrangements.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Woodstock Ave. lane reconfiguration trial will go forward despite resistance, Rutland city engineer decamps for greener pastures in flatlands, technology changes the way many people file tax returns.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Gulf wildlife still dying from 2010 BP oil spill, Veena in Cabo San Lucas, Gertrude Stein on family living, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Police officer identified in deadly Brattleboro shooting, school consolidation boosters silent on savings, lawmakers nix legal marijuana for PTSD and scrap yard helps solve half-ton heist.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Coyotes are true American survivors, Veena on Narragansett Pier, Vladimir Nabokov in Paris.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Bad crash in Rutland Town sends driver to hospital, natural gas pipeline get support from Addison County Planning Commission.