Steven M. Sabourin RitesDecember 08,2012Steven M. Sabourin Rites
ORWELL — A Memorial Mass of Christian Burial was celebrated Friday, Dec. 7, 2012, in St. Mary’s Church in Brandon for Steven Michael Sabourin, 60, who died Dec. 2, 2012, at his home in Orwell. The Rev. Ruel Tamangday, pastor of the church, was the celebrant and was assisted by Deacon Gary Griffin.
Stu James was organist.
Following the Mass, a graveside committal and burial service with full military honors was held at Pine Hill Cemetery in Brandon. A color guard and firing squad made up of members of American Legion Post 55 in Brandon and led by their commander, Aaron Tucker, rendered military honors to Mr. Sabourin and were assisted by members of the Vermont Army Guard who folded the American flag and presented it to Mr. Sabourin’s sister, Marie Hayes.
Miller & Ketcham Funeral Home, 26 Franklin St. in Brandon, handled the arrangements.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Seals have figured out fish they like to eat gather in schools around turbines in offshore wind farms. But the environment is not without hazards, maintenance vessels and noise pollution.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Teamsters leader Jimmy Hoffa disappears on this day in 1975, on this day in 2003, the last Volkswagen Type I, the Beetle, rolls off the assembly line in Mexico, Nelson Mandela on the primacy of teaching love over hate.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont Yankee announces final day of nuclear power generation in Vermont, storm brings floods back to Chester, Castleton town manager to resign office, chronic offender sentenced to 25 years for sexual assault.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Archaeologists find a leather shoe in a cave in Armenia that predates the Pyramids by more than a thousand years.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1932, President Hoover orders the Army to evict bonus marchers from Anacostia Flats; author Malcolm Lowry born this day, as is Jackie Kennedy and Mike Bloomfield; Stephen Crane on consuming one's own heart.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Earth barely avoids being blasted by immense solar flare in 2012, astrophysicists say next time might not be so lucky.