Sandra J. DoubledayDecember 08,2012
Sandra J. DoubledaySandra J. Doubleday
BENSON — Sandra J. Doubleday, 62, died Wednesday, Dec. 5, 2012, at Rutland Regional Medical Center after a brief illness.
She was born Nov. 28, 1950, in Haverhill, Mass., the daughter of Anthony and Arlene (Maupin) Forgione.
She was a tractor trailer driver with a CDL license. She had also worked at a fish hatchery and with outdoor camps for the youth.
She was a former member of the Order of Eastern Star in Keene, N.H., and was recently affiliated with Fair Haven Chapter 70.
She enjoyed arts and crafts, children and animals.
Survivors include her companion, Paul Brown of Benson; three sisters, Suzanne, Judy and Debra; two brothers, Mark and Scott Forgione; and several nieces, nephews, great-nieces and great-nephews.
Funeral services will be held Monday, Dec. 10, at 11 a.m. at the United Church of Benson. The Rev. Holly Noble will officiate.
Burial will follow in Fairview Cemetery in Benson.
Memorial contributions may be made to the United Church of Benson, c/o Mrs. Jan Ladd, P.O. Box 208, Benson, VT 05731.
Arrangements are under the direction of the Ducharme Funeral Home Inc., www.ducharmefuneralhome.com.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.