Velma M. ThorntonDecember 08,2012Velma M. Thornton
BRANDON — Velma May Thornton, 88, died Friday, Dec. 7, 2012, at her home in Brandon.
She had lived in Brandon for many years, and was retired from the First Brandon National Bank.
Arrangements are pending at the Miller and Ketcham Funeral Home, 26 Franklin St., Brandon.
A full obituary will be published in a future edition of the Rutland Herald.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Woodstock Ave. lane reconfiguration trial will go forward despite resistance, Rutland city engineer decamps for greener pastures in flatlands, technology changes the way many people file tax returns.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Gulf wildlife still dying from 2010 BP oil spill, Veena in Cabo San Lucas, Gertrude Stein on family living, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Police officer identified in deadly Brattleboro shooting, school consolidation boosters silent on savings, lawmakers nix legal marijuana for PTSD and scrap yard helps solve half-ton heist.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Coyotes are true American survivors, Veena on Narragansett Pier, Vladimir Nabokov in Paris.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Bad crash in Rutland Town sends driver to hospital, natural gas pipeline get support from Addison County Planning Commission.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Early modern humans interbred with Neanderthal people for hot nights in the old Stone Age, Veena in Dubrovnik, e.e. cummings takes early spring balloon ride.