Shrewsbury woman hurt in crashDecember 06,2012SHREWSBURY — A Shrewsbury woman was described as being in critical condition following a crash on Cold River Road.
Police said Samantha Didio, 24, was driving her 2009 Pontiac Vibe north shortly after noon when she lost control and crashed headlong into a tree. Didio and her mother, Karen Didio, were extricated from the car and taken to Rutland Regional Medical Center. Samantha Didio was then transported to Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center.
Police said the accident was still under investigation, but that drugs and alcohol were not a factor. Road conditions were listed as “wet.”
The car sustained contact damage on all sides, according to police.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- Pittsford Haunted House
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1720, 'Calico Jack' Rackham, Caribbean pirate and early feminist, known for recruiting women to his crew and for fabric decorating skills after creating 'Jolly Roger' flag, is captured by the British Royal Navy.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont has a new state Supreme Court Justice; city hospital says it can save plenty by upgrading its lights and trucking in natural gas; Springfield has a new town manager, former West Rutland guy, Tom Yennerall.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1307, King Phillip the Fair of France orders hundreds of Knights Templar rounded up and arrested, charged with heresy, tortured until they confess; on this day in 1917, thousands see miracle of Our Lady of Fatima.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Solarfest likely to be on hold until at least 2016, Great Dane involved in theft of an $89,000 shotgun leads police to the thieves, PSB will not reopen VGS pipeline case, prosecutors want evidence in body-packing drug case.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1871, After long summer drought comes simultaneous devastating upper Midwest wildfires; Chicago city center in ruins; in 1967, after brief firefight, Ernesto 'Che' Guevara captured alive in Bolivian jungle camp.