Brandon man placed on probation in child porn caseStaff Report | December 05,2012A Brandon man was placed on probation Tuesday after he pleaded guilty to charges of possessing child pornography on his computer.
Theodore E. Gould, 28, had initially pleaded innocent to the two felony charges brought against him in 2011.
But as part of a plea agreement with prosecutors, Gould agreed to plead guilty in exchange for a four to five year suspended sentence. He must also register with the Vermont Sex Offender Registry.
He was arrested in May 2011 after Gould’s ex-girlfriend in Fair Haven discovered a video of child pornography on his computer and called police. Fair Haven police said the images viewed by the woman only briefly were of such a disturbing nature that she vomited multiple times.MORE IN This Just InRep. Peter Fagan faces a challenge from James Candon. Full StoryMANCHESTER — Voters will have some choices among an incumbent, a returning veteran, and a few... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1720, 'Calico Jack' Rackham, Caribbean pirate and early feminist, known for recruiting women to his crew and for fabric decorating skills after creating 'Jolly Roger' flag, is captured by the British Royal Navy.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1307, King Phillip the Fair of France orders hundreds of Knights Templar rounded up and arrested, charged with heresy, tortured until they confess; on this day in 1917, thousands see miracle of Our Lady of Fatima.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont has a new state Supreme Court Justice; city hospital says it can save plenty by upgrading its lights and trucking in natural gas; Springfield has a new town manager, former West Rutland guy, Tom Yennerall.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Solarfest likely to be on hold until at least 2016, Great Dane involved in theft of an $89,000 shotgun leads police to the thieves, PSB will not reopen VGS pipeline case, prosecutors want evidence in body-packing drug case.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1871, After long summer drought comes simultaneous devastating upper Midwest wildfires; Chicago city center in ruins; in 1967, after brief firefight, Ernesto 'Che' Guevara captured alive in Bolivian jungle camp.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: City aldermen discuss future of recreation department facilities, three bears killed in interstate crash, town school principal rewards students' good reading habits, fight at city jail sends a man to hospital.