Brandon man placed on probation in child porn caseStaff Report | December 05,2012A Brandon man was placed on probation Tuesday after he pleaded guilty to charges of possessing child pornography on his computer.
Theodore E. Gould, 28, had initially pleaded innocent to the two felony charges brought against him in 2011.
But as part of a plea agreement with prosecutors, Gould agreed to plead guilty in exchange for a four to five year suspended sentence. He must also register with the Vermont Sex Offender Registry.
He was arrested in May 2011 after Gould’s ex-girlfriend in Fair Haven discovered a video of child pornography on his computer and called police. Fair Haven police said the images viewed by the woman only briefly were of such a disturbing nature that she vomited multiple times.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Tibetans' ability to breathe and absorb oxygen at high altitude might have been inherited from their ancient ancestors, our new pals, the Denisovans, more dominant in their day than anybody can remember.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Herald Editor Rob Mitchell and staff writer Bryanna Allen discuss conflict at Open Door Mission, MSJ's new principal, teens carve marble in West Rutland.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Researchers find new species of hominid, the Denisovans, and follow genetic evidence that place them across a wide swath of the globe before extinction 40,000 years ago.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Proctor estate sale hits serious legal speed bump, Rutland Town wraps up solar project regulations, Patty Minichiello interviews visiting sculptor in West Rutland and Castleton Crackers honored with national award.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Tamerlane, in 1401 on this day, lays waste to Baghdad; 'Rock Around The Clock' hits No. 1 on Billboard chart in 1955, stays there for eight weeks.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Texas towns, shaken by earthquakes linked to fracking for gas and oil, are fed up and scared, want to ban the practice,