Brandon man placed on probation in child porn caseStaff Report | December 05,2012A Brandon man was placed on probation Tuesday after he pleaded guilty to charges of possessing child pornography on his computer.
Theodore E. Gould, 28, had initially pleaded innocent to the two felony charges brought against him in 2011.
But as part of a plea agreement with prosecutors, Gould agreed to plead guilty in exchange for a four to five year suspended sentence. He must also register with the Vermont Sex Offender Registry.
He was arrested in May 2011 after Gould’s ex-girlfriend in Fair Haven discovered a video of child pornography on his computer and called police. Fair Haven police said the images viewed by the woman only briefly were of such a disturbing nature that she vomited multiple times.MORE IN This Just InSOUTH BURLINGTON — Vermont Gas Systems announced this morning to members of the news media... Full StoryWASHINGTON ó Two senior Islamic State group leaders were killed in U.S. Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont Gas Systems puts Phase 2 on hold as the latest estimate for Phase 1 takes a 27 percent leap upward, to a total of $157 million; U.S. Attorney Tristram Coffin quits for job with private firm; police cite man in pot bust.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1972, Christmas bombing of North Vietnam ordered by President Richard Nixon, most lethal strikes of the war; in 1989, U.S. invades Panama to depose, arrest and charge Gen. Manuel Noriega with drug trafficking, racketeering.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Gov. Peter Shumlin announces demise of his single-payer health insurance initiative; convicted first-degree murderer Alan Prue sentenced to 50 years for killing teacher Melissa Jenkins; veterans chafed about park naming snub.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 497 BC, first Saturnalia festival celebrated in Rome, Scandinavians retain 'Yule Goat' as symbol of season, Krampus, evil side of holiday cheer, terrorizes children into better behavior, more advice from Christopher Hitchens.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 533 AD, Byzantine Emperor Justinian I gets the old empire back together again routing the Vandals from Carthage; in 1890, Lakota Chief Sitting Bull is killed at his home in South Dakota; in 1970, Soviets land probe on Venus.
- DUANE CARLETON: Rutland Herald Events Editor George Nostrand interviews musician Duane Carleton, whose new CD 'A GIRL LIKE THAT' drops Thursday, Dec. 18, 2014, and will be celebrated that evening with a show at 9:30 p.m. at Killington's Pickle Barrel.