Brandon man placed on probation in child porn caseStaff Report | December 05,2012A Brandon man was placed on probation Tuesday after he pleaded guilty to charges of possessing child pornography on his computer.
Theodore E. Gould, 28, had initially pleaded innocent to the two felony charges brought against him in 2011.
But as part of a plea agreement with prosecutors, Gould agreed to plead guilty in exchange for a four to five year suspended sentence. He must also register with the Vermont Sex Offender Registry.
He was arrested in May 2011 after Gould’s ex-girlfriend in Fair Haven discovered a video of child pornography on his computer and called police. Fair Haven police said the images viewed by the woman only briefly were of such a disturbing nature that she vomited multiple times.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: V-2 No. 13, launched this day in 1946 from White Sands, New Mexico, takes first photographs of Earth from the edge of the planet's outer atmosphere; 1947: Walt Disney testifies before HUAC, names employees he says are communists.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont's brand discussed at Killington, state's attorney candidates Marc Brierre and Rose Kennedy profiled, Curtis reports about Rutland police chief's new job, and four arrested, charged for heroin, crack sales.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1935, New York gangster, bootlegger, ruthless murderer Dutch Schultz, born Arthur Flegenheimer to Jewish-German immigrant parents, and three associates gunned down, killed, at the Palace Chophouse in Newark, N.J.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Acclaimed illusionist & escape artist Harry Houdini, performing in Montreal in 1926, is sucker-punched by a McGill University student. Houdini doesn't know he has peritonitis - the punches are possible factor in his Oct. 31 death.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Police Chief James Baker to resign from the force at the end of the year to take a job in Washington, D.C., jury remains out in teacher killing murder trial, Rec Dept. releases report on what's wrong with White's Pool.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Well diggers in Cardiff, New York, find what is thought to be the petrified body of a 10-foot-tall man, perfectly preserved after thousands of years, which becomes a popular roadside attraction until proven to be a fake.