Judith K. AltruiDecember 05,2012
Judith K. AltruiJudith K. Altrui
Judith Kotcher Altrui, 65, of Rutland died peacefully on Wednesday, Nov. 28, 2012, in the company of her family.
She was born Feb. 12, 1947, in Brooklyn, N.Y., the daughter of Ezra and Rosetta Kotcher.
She graduated from Champlain College in Burlington, Vt.
Survivors include her daughters, Jodi Caggige of Harrisonburg, Va., and Tami Napolitano of Rutland; five grandchildren; and a sister, Linda Knox of Madison, Wis.
Memorial contributions may be made to the Children’s Alopecia Project on behalf of her youngest grandchild, Courtney Caggige: Children’s Alopecia Project Inc., PO Box 6036, Wyomissing, PA 19610; www.firstgiving.com/cap-donation or www.childrensalopeciaproject.org.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, striking Colo. miners attacked with machine guns by state police; 1877, Thomas Edison announces invention of the phonograph, 1959, Alan Freed fired by WABC 770 AM for accepting payola to promote records.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1863, President Abraham Lincoln delivers short speech in Gettysburg, Pa.; in 1984, a Pemex LNG facility destroyed by series of gas explosions, 600 people are killed; in 1998, Senate builds fire under Bill Clinton.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1831 – Independent South American super-state, Gran Colombia, dissolved; 1856 - Fort Buchanan built to control Apache warriors; 1970 - William Calley Jr. goes on trial after 1968 massacre at My Lai, Vietnam.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Wisconsin Sen. Joe McCarthy takes advantage of Cold War jitters and builds a tidy little fiefdom for himself on Capitol Hill. It's all good, but pride goes before you know darn well what. The junior senator is damaged going down.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, Leon Trotsky is expelled from the Soviet Communist Party, leaving Joseph Stalin in control of the Soviet Union; in 1970, Oregon DOT tries to dynamite a dead whale off a beach with a rather shocking result.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1972, Southern Airways Flight 49 is hijacked, the crew and passengers held for ransom. The hijackers want $10 million and passage to Cuba. In 2007, in Santiago, Chile, King Juan Carlos of Spain loses patience with Hugo Chavez.