Judith K. AltruiDecember 05,2012
Judith K. AltruiJudith K. Altrui
Judith Kotcher Altrui, 65, of Rutland died peacefully on Wednesday, Nov. 28, 2012, in the company of her family.
She was born Feb. 12, 1947, in Brooklyn, N.Y., the daughter of Ezra and Rosetta Kotcher.
She graduated from Champlain College in Burlington, Vt.
Survivors include her daughters, Jodi Caggige of Harrisonburg, Va., and Tami Napolitano of Rutland; five grandchildren; and a sister, Linda Knox of Madison, Wis.
Memorial contributions may be made to the Children’s Alopecia Project on behalf of her youngest grandchild, Courtney Caggige: Children’s Alopecia Project Inc., PO Box 6036, Wyomissing, PA 19610; www.firstgiving.com/cap-donation or www.childrensalopeciaproject.org.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Researchers find new species of hominid, the Denisovans, and follow genetic evidence that place them across a wide swath of the globe before extinction 40,000 years ago.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Proctor estate sale hits serious legal speed bump, Rutland Town wraps up solar project regulations, Patty Minichiello interviews visiting sculptor in West Rutland and Castleton Crackers honored with national award.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Tamerlane, in 1401 on this day, lays waste to Baghdad; 'Rock Around The Clock' hits No. 1 on Billboard chart in 1955, stays there for eight weeks.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Texas towns, shaken by earthquakes linked to fracking for gas and oil, are fed up and scared, want to ban the practice,
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Fracking linked to 100-fold increase in Oklahoma earthquakes.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Roswell: Weather balloon, invasion from outer space or primitive spy op? You decide. Francis Gary Powers faces the music on this day and it's Russian pop hits, Elisabeth Kubler-Ross born this day and the Mahatma eschews violence.