NEWPORT — A Lake Champlain cruise boat is getting a new home on another Vermont lake.
The boat Northern Star was taken out of the water Monday in Burlington and moved by truck to Newport on Tuesday where it is waiting to move into its new home, Lake Memphremagog.
Owner and Capt. Chris Johansen formerly captained the Newport Princess, a small tour boat on Lake Memphremagog.
The Caledonian Record reported that Johansen worked for other tour lines on Lake Champlain before deciding to bring a large charter cruise boat to Newport.
The vessel was partially disassembled before being moved early Tuesday. Johansen got a special permit from the state to move the 88,000-pound main deck and hull.
The boat’s top decks were removed during shipping. It will be reassembled once it’s back in the water.MORE IN Vermont NewsWASHINGTON — The president of the Vermont-based New England Federal Credit Union urged Congress... Full StoryTo overcome Vermont Health Connect's early technological woes, more than 100 employees in the... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation