Vt. awards $2.4 m to bike, pedestrian projectsDecember 02,2012MONTPELIER — The Vermont Agency of Transportation is awarding $2.4 million in grants to communities for bicycle and pedestrian projects.
This year’s funding will go to construction projects in Burke, Hartford, Poultney Village, Rutland City, Hinesburg, Hartford, East Montpelier and Williston. Grants will also fund intersection improvements in Brattleboro and Woodstock and scoping studies in St. Albans Town, Brattleboro, Plainfield, Rutland City, and Springfield.
Brattleboro will use the money to improve the intersection of Western Avenue and Union Street, and for a study of a section of Route 9.
Other projects include a new segment of the Rutland Creek Path and sidewalks in the village of East Burke along Route 114 as well as bike lanes sidewalks on Route 2 in the village of East Montpelier.MORE IN This Just InComments Of Senator Patrick Leahy (D-Vt. Full StoryBURLINGTON - Vermont prosecutors and defense attorneys are in talks to settle charges filed... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation