Vt. National Guard planning live-fire exercisesDecember 02,2012COLCHESTER — Things could get a little noisy in some Vermont towns.
The Vermont National Guard is planning live-fire exercises at its facilities in Jericho and Underhill and in Westminster. The guard also says exercises involving blank ammunition and “pyrotechnics” are being planned for Camp Johnson in Colchester, the location of the headquarters of the Vermont National Guard, until Dec. 15.
Small arms training is currently scheduled for this weekend and Dec. 8 and 9 at the Westminster training site.
Small arms training will also take place between Dec. 10 and 14 at the Ethan Allen Training Site in Underhill and Jericho.
The guard says the training schedules could change.
The exercises will be held during daylight and conclude late afternoon each day.MORE IN This Just InMONTPELIER - Opponents of the Lowell wind turbines argue that state officials should not have... Full StoryWASHINGTON — The U.S. Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation