"Expressions" opens tonight at VTicaNovember 30,2012CHESTER — An art exhibit featuring five Vermont artists will open tonight at the Vermont Institute of Contemporary Arts in Chester.
“Expressions” is a contemporary art show of two- and three-dimensional work.
The artists are Blake Larsen of Essex Junction, Mareva Millarc of Middletown Springs, Pat Musick of Manchester Center, Polly Whitcomb of Springfield, and Johanne Durocher Yordan of Burlington.
“Expressions” captures a full spectrum of contemporary art styles including bronze and alabaster nests, wall sculptures, abstract paintings and more. The art is on display through Jan. 27 and tonight’s gallery opening is from 5:30 to 8 p.m.
For more information call 875-1018, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.vtica.org.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1520, Ferdinand Magellan is first European to navigate passage that bears his name from the Atlantic to the Pacific sea; in 1582, Will Shakespeare, Anne Hathaway secure their marriage license with 40 pound bond.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1778, Capt. James Cook is first European to set eyes on Maui in Hawaiian Islands; 1922, Pharoah Tutankhamun found after 3000 years; 1909, Hollawood movie star Frances Dee born in Los Angeles.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Hazmat unit called downtown, Boys & Girls Club hosts dinner for members and families, Secret Santa back on the beat, city discusses runoff problem on Mayfield Road, Brandon gets creative about fixes to town roads, sidewalks.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1944, U.S. begins B-29 bombing raids on Japanese main islands; in 1950, Great Appalachian Storm begins to form; 1963, Lee Oswald killed by Jack Ruby; 1974, D.B. Cooper hijacks Seattle-bound airliner; 1974, 'Lucy' found.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, striking Colo. miners attacked with machine guns by state police; 1877, Thomas Edison announces invention of the phonograph, 1959, Alan Freed fired by WABC 770 AM for accepting payola to promote records.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1863, President Abraham Lincoln delivers short speech in Gettysburg, Pa.; in 1984, a Pemex LNG facility destroyed by series of gas explosions, 600 people are killed; in 1998, Senate builds fire under Bill Clinton.