"Expressions" opens tonight at VTicaNovember 30,2012CHESTER — An art exhibit featuring five Vermont artists will open tonight at the Vermont Institute of Contemporary Arts in Chester.
“Expressions” is a contemporary art show of two- and three-dimensional work.
The artists are Blake Larsen of Essex Junction, Mareva Millarc of Middletown Springs, Pat Musick of Manchester Center, Polly Whitcomb of Springfield, and Johanne Durocher Yordan of Burlington.
“Expressions” captures a full spectrum of contemporary art styles including bronze and alabaster nests, wall sculptures, abstract paintings and more. The art is on display through Jan. 27 and tonight’s gallery opening is from 5:30 to 8 p.m.
For more information call 875-1018, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.vtica.org.MORE IN This Just InA Rutland woman who spray painted a response to graffiti left outside her house was issued a... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: America's feet getting bigger than ever, and Americans keep jamming their feet into small sized shoes. Wake up, America!
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Vanessa Williams resigns from Miss America pageant after Bob Guccione publishes nude photos of her in Penthouse magazine and Hefner takes the high road; on this day in 1995, Alan Hale and Thomas Bopp discover a new comet.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Brandon voters decide fate of proposed budget, calls to police for service on complaints have fallen to new low, city woman who spray painted a response to vandals on her sidewalk is cited for mischief.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: National survey ranks Vermont kids' well-being in second place, Springfield takes up anti-loitering ordinance, Rutland debate taxis, Fair Haven woman is arrested in Rutland for prostitution.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather and news: Research scientists say schizophrenia and marijuana use linked. Are marijuana smokers schizophrenic or are schizophrenics more disposed toward marijuana use?