"Expressions" opens tonight at VTicaNovember 30,2012CHESTER — An art exhibit featuring five Vermont artists will open tonight at the Vermont Institute of Contemporary Arts in Chester.
“Expressions” is a contemporary art show of two- and three-dimensional work.
The artists are Blake Larsen of Essex Junction, Mareva Millarc of Middletown Springs, Pat Musick of Manchester Center, Polly Whitcomb of Springfield, and Johanne Durocher Yordan of Burlington.
“Expressions” captures a full spectrum of contemporary art styles including bronze and alabaster nests, wall sculptures, abstract paintings and more. The art is on display through Jan. 27 and tonight’s gallery opening is from 5:30 to 8 p.m.
For more information call 875-1018, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.vtica.org.MORE IN This Just InBy Amy Ash Nixon Full StoryRICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 410 CE, Visigoths sack Rome and it isn't the first time, either; in 1859, Titusville, Pa., the first commercially viable oil well comes in; in 1918, the only World War I battle fought on U.S. soil in Nogales, Ariz. 0Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott uploads data direct to your head: On this day in 410... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE:Chemicals used in hydraulic fracturing that pollute ground water and the air we breathe come under scrutiny by researchers who find at least eight fracking chemicals toxic to mammals.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: The craze for Omega-3 fatty acids as a dietary supplement in its most popular form, fish oil, has led to depletion of fish stocks in oceans throughout the world. Is this the beginning of the total collapse of global fisheries?
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Suspects arrested in Killington bear death, Bryanna Allen and Kevin O'Connor report along the Back to School front, Rutland Plywood site remains an active fire scene as debris continues to smolder.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Forests around Chernobyl, even though dead from massive irradiation after nuclear accident 30 years ago, still have not even begun to decompose, natural balance disrupted at microbial level.
- Dogs have their day at White's Pool
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1609, Galileo demonstrates his telescope to Venetian lawmakers; during the same year, the Spanish Inquisition begins Basque witch trials, Henry Hudson sets sail from Amsterdam to North America, Shakespeare's sonnets published.