Struggling Eagles cut ties with DE Jason Babinthe associated press | November 28,2012PHILADELPHIA — The Eagles have released two-time Pro Bowl defensive end Jason Babin in the first major roster move for a team that’s lost seven straight games.
Babin had just 5.5 sacks after recording 18 last year.
He signed a five-year, $28 million deal last summer after going to his first Pro Bowl with Tennessee following the 2010 season.
The move came Tuesday, a day after a 30-22 home loss to Carolina.
Coach Andy Reid says the Eagles cut Babin to give more playing time to younger players.
Philadelphia (3-8) plays at Dallas (5-6) on Sunday night.MORE IN Wire SportsNEW YORK — West Texas A&M quarterback Dustin Vaughan and Bloomsburg running back Franklyn Quiteh... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation