Carissimo, Vermont roll by Harvard 85-78the associated press | November 28,2012CAMBRIDGE, Mass. — Sandro Carissimo netted a career-high 25 points as Vermont won 85-78 at Harvard Tuesday night.
Carissimo also tied a career high with six assists while going 8 of 11 from the field, including 4 of 5 from 3-point range. Clancy Rugg pitched in 16 points off the bench and Luke Apfeld had 13 for the Catamounts (4-1), who knocked off an Ivy League opponent for the second straight game after beating Yale 65-52 last Wednesday. Vermont shot 0 for 6 from 3-point range in that win, but rebounded to make 8 of 17 (47.1 percent) Tuesday.
Harvard’s Wesley Saunders — who tied a career high with 18 points against St. Joseph’s last Tuesday — set a career high with 21 points, and also had four steals and four assists.
Laurent Rivard had 17 points, including 4-of-9 shooting from 3-point range. The Crimson (2-3) was 9-of-16 shooting on 3-pointers.MORE IN Wire SportsDENVER — Next up for Peyton Manning: the NFL passing yardage record. Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Acclaimed illusionist & escape artist Harry Houdini, performing in Montreal in 1926, is sucker-punched by a McGill University student. Houdini doesn't know he has peritonitis - the punches are possible factor in his Oct. 31 death.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Police Chief James Baker to resign from the force at the end of the year to take a job in Washington, D.C., jury remains out in teacher killing murder trial, Rec Dept. releases report on what's wrong with White's Pool.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Well diggers in Cardiff, New York, find what is thought to be the petrified body of a 10-foot-tall man, perfectly preserved after thousands of years, which becomes a popular roadside attraction until proven to be a fake.
- Pittsford Haunted House
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1720, 'Calico Jack' Rackham, Caribbean pirate and early feminist, known for recruiting women to his crew and for fabric decorating skills after creating 'Jolly Roger' flag, is captured by the British Royal Navy.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1307, King Phillip the Fair of France orders hundreds of Knights Templar rounded up and arrested, charged with heresy, tortured until they confess; on this day in 1917, thousands see miracle of Our Lady of Fatima.