Woman dies after getting hit by carNovember 26,2012BRISTOL — An 85-year-old Bristol woman has died after she was struck by a car on Saturday while walking across the street, Bristol Police said in a press release Sunday.
The woman, Anne Roscoe, was hit by a car driven by 19-year-old Ashley Nacollas, also of Bristol, at the intersection of North Street and Park Place at around 5:51 p.m., police said. Roscoe was taken to Fletcher Allen Health Care in Burlington, where she died.
The accident is under investigation, and police say that drugs or alcohol were not a factor. Bristol Police have asked the Vermont State Police Accident Reconstruction Team to help in the investigation. The Bristol Fire Department and Vermont State Police helped the Bristol Police at the scene.
Anyone who may have seen the crash is asked to contact Sgt. George Crowe at 453-2533.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: First televised nuclear test, Woody Harrelson's father claimed involvement in the JFK assassination, Immanuel Kant and William L. Shirer rave on and MIT researchers propose sea-borne nuclear power stations.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Accused child killer released on bail, protesters want him back behind bars, aldermen meet to vote on mayor's board nomination, 156 Vermont runners participate in Monday's Boston Marathon.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Soil beneath Greenland ice sheet predates dawn of mankind, Hitch faces true Hollawood problem head-on, Mark Twain on school boards, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Free Library director Paula Baker will retire at the end of the year, state Senate will vote on new minimum wage legislation and Bennington College graduates win Pulitzer Prizes.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.