General alarm fire breaks out in Rutland CityStaff Report | November 26,2012
A general alarm fire broke out on the corner of Brown and South streets just before 6 p.m. Monday.
Rutland City firefighters responded to the scene, where smoke billowed from the upper floor of the home. It appeared the fire was contained in the roof and attic.
Many onlookers gathered while firefighters worked on the roof with axes and crews tried to reach the second floor of the home with water.
The Red Cross and Regional Ambulance Service were also on the scene.
As this story develops we will bring you more throughout the evening.MORE IN This Just InThe man charged in a hit-and-run crash that killed a pedestrian in Killington early Sunday... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation