Two men charged in assualtNovember 25,2012Two men charged in assault
ROYALTON — Two men were charged in a domestic dispute at a Royalton home on Thanksgiving.
According to State Police, James Arbuckle, 34, of Royalton, assaulted a female and Walter Foley, 54, of Royalton. The incident took place at the victim’s home on Wilder Lane.
Arbuckle left the scene on foot but was later found by police in a field according State Trooper Stacy Corliss. Arbuckle was charged with two counts of aggravated domestic assault while Foley was charged with drinking alcohol — a conditions of release violation from a previous offense.
Arbuckle will be arriagned at criminal court in White River Junction on Nov. 26. Foley will be arraigned on Jan. 8.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: A brief midsummer return of last winter’s stubborn cold air mass descends over the Northern Plains, Midwest and Northeast this week bringing colder than seasonable daytime temperatures.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Founding father and 2nd president John Adams signs Sedition Act on this day in 1798 providing jail time for criticizing the government; Benjamin Franklin's grandson and namesake dies in jail, for satirizing the president.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Tibetans' ability to breathe and absorb oxygen at high altitude might have been inherited from their ancient ancestors, our new pals, the Denisovans, more dominant in their day than anybody can remember.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Herald Editor Rob Mitchell and staff writer Bryanna Allen discuss conflict at Open Door Mission, MSJ's new principal, teens carve marble in West Rutland.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Researchers find new species of hominid, the Denisovans, and follow genetic evidence that place them across a wide swath of the globe before extinction 40,000 years ago.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Proctor estate sale hits serious legal speed bump, Rutland Town wraps up solar project regulations, Patty Minichiello interviews visiting sculptor in West Rutland and Castleton Crackers honored with national award.