Two men charged in assualtNovember 25,2012Two men charged in assault
ROYALTON — Two men were charged in a domestic dispute at a Royalton home on Thanksgiving.
According to State Police, James Arbuckle, 34, of Royalton, assaulted a female and Walter Foley, 54, of Royalton. The incident took place at the victim’s home on Wilder Lane.
Arbuckle left the scene on foot but was later found by police in a field according State Trooper Stacy Corliss. Arbuckle was charged with two counts of aggravated domestic assault while Foley was charged with drinking alcohol — a conditions of release violation from a previous offense.
Arbuckle will be arriagned at criminal court in White River Junction on Nov. 26. Foley will be arraigned on Jan. 8.MORE IN This Just InTOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vt. Yankee $10M revolving fund discussed, troubles at the Mission, MSJ's new principal, teens carve marble in West Rutland. 0Rutland Herald Editor Rob Mitchell and staff writer Bryanna Allen discuss some of the stories... Full StoryThe Associated Press Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Researchers find new species of hominid, the Denisovans, and follow genetic evidence that place them across a wide swath of the globe before extinction 40,000 years ago.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Proctor estate sale hits serious legal speed bump, Rutland Town wraps up solar project regulations, Patty Minichiello interviews visiting sculptor in West Rutland and Castleton Crackers honored with national award.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Tamerlane, in 1401 on this day, lays waste to Baghdad; 'Rock Around The Clock' hits No. 1 on Billboard chart in 1955, stays there for eight weeks.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Texas towns, shaken by earthquakes linked to fracking for gas and oil, are fed up and scared, want to ban the practice,
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Fracking linked to 100-fold increase in Oklahoma earthquakes.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Roswell: Weather balloon, invasion from outer space or primitive spy op? You decide. Francis Gary Powers faces the music on this day and it's Russian pop hits, Elisabeth Kubler-Ross born this day and the Mahatma eschews violence.